Sunday, August 1, 2010

Finding Forty, Day 66; The Voice


We are off later this morning for a few days in the sand and sun.    I want to be able to blog, but we don't have a laptop, although we are trying to borrow one from a neighbor.   My connectedness will be iffy.

Just because I'm busy doesn't mean I don't have anything to say...

Stay tuned for titillating tales of arguments, jealousy, tears, bankruptcy, failure, ex girlfriends!   Couple that with love, resiliency, determination, and the continual search for the truth, however it manifests itself.  I really can't wait to sit and write, hopefully with the sound of the surf luring my words to fruition.   In the meantime...

Yesterday, while replying to another's blog, I came across a Shel Silverstein  poem that smacked me in the face and left the most beautiful sting.

The Voice

There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
"I feel this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong."
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you--just listen to
The voice that speaks inside."
Shel Silverstein

1 comment:

  1. Again with the Shel Silverstein poetry...^.^

    It's very comforting.

    -French Bean

    ReplyDelete