Friday, July 16, 2010

Finding Forty, Day 51; Buzzed

Yes, I am buzzed.   No, it's not what you think.

Tonight was our weekly Happy Hour and I brought my own, personal beverage.   While blowing through 100 bucks today at Target, I found a 4-pack of Starbuck's Light Mocha Frappuccino.   I knew I'd want something 'fun' drink once I got to the party and this tasty, little beverage hit the spot.

I chilled them for a few hours before arriving and then once there, poured it over crushed ice in a pretty glass and wah-lah....instant, fun, party drink.

I didn't feel like the odd gal out, I didn't feel deprived, shit...I only missed alcohol for a fraction of a second as my friend muddled her Mojito.

Overall, it was a good pick.

There is only one, teeny, tiny downfall.    The caffeine.   I had two (so only 200 calories), but I had them between 6:30 and 9:30.    As I was bombarding A with the details of my day, I realized my words spraying him like a machine gun. 

In an instant, I realized I'd caught my buzz.   I was just riding the caffeine wave.

Next week, I'll time it better and have my last call about an hour earlier.

Eventually, I plan to write about my visit to the AA meeting and my thoughts about my relationship with alcohol, but I haven't found the time just yet.   For now, I'm happy with things as they are.

Anyway, I'm off to alphabetize my vinyl collection and then dust the ceiling fan blades!

Buzz!

3 comments:

  1. Hummm a "visit" to an AA meeting? Sounds like you're just passing through...not what you were looking for? It might be good to have a backup plan if you find you need support.

    Just a thought, I'm not preaching.

    Glad you found a good solution for a party beverage...slurpee is always my choice! HAve a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I don't think you're preaching and I appreciate your comments.

    I did visit and plan to visit again, preferably a beginner meeting, but I'm not sure.

    The meeting was eye opening, humbling, and very interesting.

    As I mentioned, there was a lot to process and I'm still pondering it all.

    I'm blessed with an outstanding support system, so my back up plan foundation is strong.

    Thanks again for your comment!

    ReplyDelete